Yatzy Duel: Instructions
How to play
This version of Yatzy is for two players. A player has the option of participating in a game opened by another player or else opening a game of their own. If you wish to take part in a game opened by another player, click on the “Play“-button in that player’s box. If you wish to open a game of your own, click on the button “New Game“. A small window will appear in which you can set the maximum skill level of your opponent using a control bar. You can begin playing immediately.
After rolling you can either roll the dice again or else put aside some or all of them in the tray on the lower edge of the table. If you wish to put aside several dice after a toss, you can either drag them into the tray or simply double-click on them.
After each round points must be entered into a table. The options for entering points are highlighted in green. When you click on them, they are finalized. You can also delete fields if you are not satisfied with the result. Simply click on the empty space in the table, and a red X will appear. The player with the most points wins.
Yatzy duel is for two players, whereby:
- Both players start out the same and receive the same dice per round.
- Players can play a round consecutively.
- After finishing your own game, you can watch your opponent, leave the table, or start a new round.
- It is possible to invite other players, but opening private tables is not allowed.
This is a game of dice for two players, in which the object is to roll as many ones, twos, sixes etc. as possible, in five tosses in three rounds. Special combinations of dice (such as e.g. Straight, Full House, Yatzy) result in bonus points.
The object of the game is to collect as many points as possible. After the third toss, at the latest, points have to be entered into a table. After each toss, players decide what dice to keep and which to use to keep playing. The player who makes the best combinations and thus wins the most points wins the game. The game ends as soon as the player has filled in all of the gaps in the points table.
During the game you can use three Jokers to replace a die face. The button “Joker“ appears during the third toss in each round. The number of Jokers left is shown in brackets, e.g. “Joker (3)“. After clicking this button, you can click on a die until the desired face appears, in order to e.g. turn 4 of a Kind into a Yatzy. Then you can enter the result as usual. Note that you can only use one Joker per round.
If the player does not wish to play the joker, he/she must click on the dice until the original number is shown again and the yellow marking disappears. The points can then be entered into the table.
- 1 to 6:
- These are combinations of dice with the same number. If a player rolls e.g. three “twos“, s/he gets six points for the twos-field.
- A player gets bonus points for reaching 63 or more points in the upper part of the points table (1 to 6). S/he gets a bonus of 35 points, which are added to the total score.
- Three of a Kind:
- These are combinations of three of the same number, e.g. three “fives“. The numbers on the dice are added up to calculate the score. Four of a Kind: These are combinations of four of the same number, e.g. four “fives“. The numbers on the dice are added up to calculate the score.
- Full House:
- To get a Full House, the player has to roll three of the same number and two of another, e.g. three “fives“ and two “threes“. You get 25 points for a Full House.
- Small Straight:
- You get 30 points for rolling four dice with consecutive values. The possibilities are 1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-5, 3-4-5-6 and any other die.
- Large Straight:
- You get 40 points for rolling all five dice with consecutive values. The possibilities are 1-2-3-4-5 and 2-3-4-5-6.
- You win a Yatzy when all dice have the same value, e.g. all fives. You get 50 points for a Yatzy. Chance: In this case you simply add up the values of the dice rolled. This is used to e.g. make up for a “failed“ roll, and at least add up the face values of the dice rolled.
- Top 10 Games
- Card Games
- Board Games
- Arcade & Others
- Sports Games