General Terms and Conditions
Europe Entertainment Ltd. operates this online gaming platform. Therefore, the General Terms and Conditions of Europe Entertainment Ltd. also apply to this platform.
Europe Entertainment Ltd.
Vincenti Buildings, Suite No. 509
28/19 Strait Street
Valletta VLT1432 Malta
I. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Europe Entertainment Ltd (hereinafter “the company”), duly incorporated and registered in Malta on the 20/11/2007 under registration number C42855, with registered office at Vincenti Buildings, Suite No. 509, 28/19 Strait Street, Valletta is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority (www.mga.org.mt) under a Class 3 license numbered MGA/CL3/391/2007 issued on the 9/3/2009, a Class 1 license numbered MGA/CL1/538/2008 issued on the 7/2/2010, a Class 1 license numbered MGA/CL1/810/2012 issued on the 24/7/2012 and a Class 1 license numbered MGA/CL1/1202/2016 issued on the 27/05/2016. The Malta Gaming Authority is a regulatory body.
These "Terms and Conditions" of Europe Entertainment constitute and govern the contractual relationship between the player and the company, as stated herein. The player herby acknowledges and accepts the exclusive validity of such Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are originally provided in the English language; however, in order to facilitate matters for our players, the company may at times also provide a translation of the content of these Terms and Conditions into different languages. The Player acknowledges that these translations are provided for information purposes only and that the official version is the version provided in the English version. Should the contents of the General Terms and Conditions vary in other languages to the English version, the English version shall always take precedence. This also applies to the rules of the game, any texts on the website as well as any information concerning loyalty programs or bonus schemes.
A. Scope of Application
1. The Terms and Conditions apply to the content and services on the website (hereinafter 'the website'). They also apply to content sent to or uploaded (e.g. picture uploads) to the website by players per e-mail, SMS, community contributions or chat messages (hereinafter referred to as “player content”) and the payout of winnings, as well as the acquisition of virtual currency (as described below). The Terms and Conditions apply as amended at the time of use of the content and services, respectively.
2. The website is available in a desktop and in a mobile version. The desktop version may be accessed through a computer, while the mobile version may be accessed through a mobile device. The mobile version does not support all features and games as the desktop version. These General Terms and Conditions are applicable to all users of the website, whether through a computer, mobile device and/or any other hard- and/or software.
3. By pressing the "Register" button to complete the registration process, the player confirms that he is at least 18 years of age and that he accepts and acknowledges the Terms and Conditions.
B. Governing Law
1. All legal relations between the company and the player, the validity and termination of such relationship, as well as any disputes arising therefrom, are exclusively governed by Maltese law irrespective of where the player resides.
2. Online Gambling may be illegal under the laws of a player’s country of residence. In such cases, the player may not make use of the services of the company. The company will not assume any liability whatsoever in this regard and will not reimburse the player for any disadvantages suffered by him/her as a consequence of the violation of any legal provisions that may be applicable to the player. The player shall rather ensure that he/she acts in accordance with the statutory provisions applicable to him/her from time to time.
C. Description of Services
1. The website is available in both a desktop as well as a mobile version, provided that in the latter case there may be some technological limitations.
2. On the gaming website players can participate in skill, casino and live casino games. Skill and casino games can be played by either wagering virtual currency (‘Stars’) as well as money whilst live casino games can only be played for real money. Casino games and live casino games for cash shall only be accessible to players residing in a jurisdiction which does not prohibit the offering of such games by persons licensed in Malta (see Point IV. A.). Players residing in the following countries are not permitted to participate in the live casino games: Austria, Bolivia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Ethiopia, France, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Latvia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Turkey, the Philippines and the United States of America.
3. The mobile version of the website offers casino games. The company reserves the right to expand and or/reduce its offer on the mobile website to additional game types and features at any time. The games can be played by either wagering virtual currency (‘Stars’) or money. Casino games for cash shall only be accessible to player’s residing in a jurisdiction which does not prohibit the offering of such games by persons licensed in Malta (see Point IV. A.).
4. Players are not permitted to use proxies and/or any other form of software programme or tools for the purpose of hiding their true location or to circumvent mechanisms put in place by the operator to limit access to games. If the operator discovers that a player has circumvented these mechanisms and violated these Terms and Conditions, the operator is permitted to block the respective player account and withhold any winnings in these accounts.
5. The person to person games offered on this website are covered by a Class 3 license issued by the Malta Gaming Authority under the Remote Gaming Regulations of 2004 (Legal Notice 176). These games are provided by the gaming platform of Greentube Malta Ltd holding a Class 4 license ref: MGA/CL4/247/2006 issued in Malta. The rules of the games can be found hereunder.
6. The Evolution Live Games offered on this website are covered by a Class 1 License (MGA/CL1/810/2012) issued by the Malta Gaming Authority to Europe Entertainment Ltd. under the Remote Gaming Regulations of 2004 (Legal Notice 176). These games are provided by the gaming platform of Evolution Malta Ltd holding a Class 4 license ref: MGA/CL4/664/2010 issued in Malta. The rules of the games can be found hereunder.
7. The Greentube Live Games offered on this website are covered by a Class 1 License (MGA/CL1/538/2008) issued by the Malta Gaming Authority to Europe Entertainment Ltd. under the Remote Gaming Regulations of 2004 (Legal Notice 176). These games are provided by the gaming platform of Greentube Malta Ltd holding a Class 4 license ref: MGA/CL4/539/2008 issued in Malta. The rules of the games can be found hereunder.
8. The casino games offered on this website are covered by a Class 1 license issued by the Malta Gaming Authority under the Remote Gaming Regulations of 2004 (Legal Notice 176). These games are provided by the gaming platform of Greentube Malta Ltd holding a Class 4 license ref: MGA/CL4/539/2008 issued in Malta. The rules of the games can be found hereunder.
9. The company reserves the right to subject the access of players to the games and services to compliance with certain conditions (such as minimum age, minimum amount of games played, and provision of evidence of payments having been made) in addition to clause D.
10. The company reserves the right to extend or change the number and type of services from time to time.
11. The company reserves the right to refuse or limit bets placed by players in its sole discretion.
12. Live casino games
12.1. When playing live casino games players are only allowed to play at one table at a time and at no time will they be allowed to play at multiple tables at the same time.
12.2. All live casino games tables are monitored by employees of the corresponding live casino provider. The player can avail himself of the live chat option, available on the website, to voice his/her concerns and ask questions if or when he is experiencing any difficulties. It is important to note that chat rooms are moderated.
12.3. If the dealer on the live casino tables makes a mistake, the employee responsible for that particular table will review the video footage of the contested hand and if she/he decides that a mistake has occurred all contested stakes will be refunded to the players in that particular hand. The decision taken is final and cannot be contested in any way.
12.4. Live Casino games are played for money. Bonus Money may be used to play selected Live Casino games. The operator reserves the right to limit or broaden the opportunities to play for Bonus Money at any time. The operator prohibits to place bets explicitly and/or persistently with money and/or bonus money, with chances of winning equal or more than 70% (sure bet). The operator reserves the right to block the player´s account and prevent and/or withhold any winnings or payout obtained by the violation of these rules of the platform and/or by other violations of the terms and conditions.
12.5. All other clauses present in these terms and conditions and which are applicable to casino and skill games apply also to all live casino games offered on this website.
D. Conditions of participation
1. To participate in the games offered on the website, players have to accurately complete the registration process providing all the requested information correctly and entirely. Each player will create his own player name (hereinafter “nickname”). This nickname can then be used to log into the desktop version of the website using a computer as well as for logging into the mobile version of the website by using a mobile device. There is no legal claim to register and participate in the games offered on the website.
2. The player warrants and represents, at all times, not to:
- be a citizen of the United States of America;
- be restricted by limited legal capacity;
- be acting on behalf of another party;
- be classified as a compulsive gambler;
- deposit monies originating from criminal, illegal and/or un-authorised activities;
- deposit monies using credit card, which he/she is not authorised to dispose of such credit card and/or the corresponding bank account
- participate in games for cash and/or deposit monies for such games, in case the games provided by the company are not allowed under the relevant jurisdiction of the player’s home country
- deposit monies into an account for any other reason than participation in online games and tournaments offered by the company, especially but not limited to illegal or criminal reasons (eg money laundering).
- already be registered on our website with an active account
- close his/her account on the platform in order to register again as a new user on the same site
- sell/transfer and/or acquire accounts to/from other players
- transfer funds amongst player accounts.
4. The games and services offered on the website are based on the current state of the art technology. The company does not guarantee the availability and continuous full functionality of all its games and services. The company will use all reasonable efforts to correct any identified defaults that may occur.
5. Players are solely responsible for the technical configuration of the computer or device used to connect to our website. Details on the recommended configuration are set out in the Help and FAQ sections on the website.
6. Access to or participation in cash games or tournaments and the acceptance of prizes may be subject to different legal regulations depending on the player's country of residence. The company does not abet the use of services or participation in games offered on the website by players who reside in countries, in which such services or games are not legally permitted. This responsibility of using the services provided on the website in accordance with the appropriate legal regulations lies solely with the player.
1. In addition to clause D, the participation in competitions available on the website can be subject to further restrictions. Such restrictions shall be explicitly announced via the website without any commitment. There is no legal claim to register and participate in competitions.
2. Prior to any competitions taking place, notice shall be provided on the website in the event that prizes are to be won by participating in such competitions. If applicable, the description of these prizes shall include any specific delivery conditions. The company reserves the right to substitute any prize for another of the same value without giving prior notice.
3. The winner of a competition is the player officially announced as the winner by the company after its conclusion. The company reserves the right to retrospectively correct any erroneous game results and resulting winnings. Monetary winnings shall be credited to the gaming account of the winner. There is no legal recourse.
4. In line with clauses 7 to 9 of Section A of Part II of these Terms and Conditions, the participation of employees of the company or sponsors, as well any relatives is forbidden.
5. Loss of connection
a. Skill Games
Loss of connection for single-player games
For a game to be classed as won, the applicable game rules must have been adhered to. Should a player lose his/her connection, he/she has 2 minutes to re-enter the game. The game clock will continue to count down while the player is disconnected. Should the 2 minutes pass before the player manages to return to the game, the last points recorded will be the final score.
Loss of connection for multiplayer games
For a game to be classed as won, the applicable game rules must have been adhered to. Furthermore, the winner of the game must have maintained a connection to the game server for the duration of the game.
Should a player lose his/her connection, he/she has 2 minutes to re-enter the game. Should this be achieved, there shall be no consequences, provided that the player is not ejected from the game by his/her opponent(s) for exceeding the allowed time. In the case that the 2 minute time limit is exceeded, the computer will take the ejected player's place and complete the game. The player still has the opportunity to re-enter the game.
In the case that the computer or the player who re-enters the game after the allowed time limit wins, the original stakes shall be refunded to both players. Otherwise, the game will be classed as lost. Should both players lose their connections during the game, both will receive their original stakes.
b. Casino Games
If a player starts a round within a casino game and then loses the connection, he/she can return into the game for a certain period of time. Therefore, if the player loses his/her connection to the game, the current round of the game will continue and as soon as this round is over the game will wait for the player to return. If the player does not manage to re-enter the game, the game round where the player lost the connection will be finished by a computer player which will make play decisions with the lowest risk on behalf of the disconnected player.
If a player loses his/her connection to the server, a computer player will take over in the game. The computer ‘checks’ when possible, and when not, opts to ‘fold’. Therefore the player who loses the connection still has a chance to win the pot, should his opponent not ‘raise’.
F. Intellectual Property
1. By registering an account and/or by using any of the services on the website, the player acknowledges that the entire content of the website is the sole property of the company. The player shall use the content and information present on the website for personal use only and refrain from using this intellectual property in any other way whatsoever.
2. The company is granted all exclusive, royalty-free, intellectual property rights of materials (such as photos, questions, comments, text messages and the like) that are submitted on the website. There shall be no claim for compensation or reward of any kind.
1. Any misconduct in using the services is interdicted. Especially, but not limited to the following acts shall be deemed as misconduct:
- players not complying with the rules of communication between players (see point H below);
- players deliberately providing inaccurate or misleading information;
- players attempting to manipulate the results of games by concerted practices, making alterations of the program or in any other way;
- players deliberately causing or exploiting website malfunctions or defects in order to undermine the natural flow of the game;
- registered players opening another account; and,
- players violating any other regulation set out in these Terms and Conditions.
2. The player shall not decompile or attempt to decompile the software on the website or develop software that interferes with the client-server-communication software used on the website.
3. The use of any software program which facilitates artificial intelligence is strictly prohibited. Prohibited software may include software which allows opponent profiling, player collusion or any other program which the company believes allows a player to cheat or gives one player an unjust advantage over another player. The company may take action in order to detect and prevent the use by players of such software, including reading the list of currently running programs on a player’s computer where possible or profiling the player’s behaviour for the purposes of investigation. If the company successfully identifies the use of prohibited programs, the company reserves the right to freeze the offending player’s account for a period of at least six (6) months; to confiscate any funds in that account; and/or suspend the player from using the services of the company and any of its sites.
4. The player will not collude with fellow players (i.e. unsolicitied team play). If team playing is identified by the company, the company has the right to confiscate the winnings of all colluding players. .
5. Staking explicitly and/or persistently Real Money and/or Bonus Money on bets with 70% chance of winning or over (commonly known as sure bets) is prohibited on this platform. The operator reserves the right to block the player´s account and prevent and/or withhold any winnings or payout obtained by the violation of these rules of the platform and/or by other violations of the terms and conditions.
H. Communication and General Conduct between Players
Players are permitted to provide content for the purpose of interacting with other players in a friendly and decent manner. Players can e.g. communicate with each other by using the chat feature within the lobby of a game or within the game itself. It is important to note that chat rooms are moderated.
Players are responsible for the content they upload. Content uploaded may not be unlawful or infringe the rights of third parties. The company cannot be hold liable and will not take any responsibility for the content uploaded being unlawful or infringing the rights of third parties. Players are obliged to respect the privacy of other players, not to post any political, racist, xenophobic, pornographic or sexually derogatory comments on the website and not to “stalk” or otherwise harass other players in any way.
Furthermore, it is prohibited:
- to post advertisements;
- to run any enquiries, surveys or polls;
- to upload or post chain letters;
- to collect personal data about other players without their explicit prior approval;
- to transmit any kind of viruses or spam or attempt any other kind of interference or interruption of other computer systems and programmes;
- to upload or post messages for the sole purpose of transmitting religious, political or ideological content;
- to disturb other players by entering meaningless messages or combinations of letters etc.
- to collude with other players and to coerce fellow players into a certain course of action;
- to collude with other players by using a separate chat system provided by a third party;
- to deliberately block games and the normal flow of communication in any way whatsoever.
- to influence the outcome of a game by conspiring with other gamers, interfering with the programme or undertaking any other means contrary to the rules.
Any illegal content may be reported to the relevant authorities.
I. Sanctions for Misconduct
In the event of player misconduct, the company reserves the right to immediately exclude the player from any further use of the website and to terminate the contract with the company. Furthermore, the company is entitled to interrupt and terminate on-going games, to block players’ accounts with or without prior notice, and until clarification of the situation, retain the player’s credit on the player account and any illegitimately won prizes at the player’s cost.
Both parties are entitled to terminate the contract at any time with immediate effect without statement of a reason or cause. The player can terminate their contract with the company by sending an e-mail stating their name and the name of the account to the website support team. Within 2 weeks of receipt of such e-mail and response to the security question, the company shall delete the respective account data and pay out the credit amount on the player’s account. If the player is unable to provide the correct answer to his/her security question, she/he must send a copy of a valid, official form of photo identification to email@example.com. The details held for the player's in account must match those visible in his/her photo identification. The conditions under IV.C. apply to the payment of any credit amounts. Upon termination of the contract in accordance with clause I.J, the player will have no further claim/s and/or access to his/her account or to any related services and/or virtual currency.
K. Player Protection
The company protects its players from gambling addiction by offering account limitations and account suspensions. Stricter limits and the banning of gaming accounts are effective immediately, while any changes concerning the reduction of restrictions will become effective after a period of 7 days has elapsed at the earliest. Should players want to limit or suspend their accounts in any way, they must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating their username and the answer to their security question.
1. Account Limits
1.1 Monthly deposit limit
Players can limit their account deposits by choosing a monthly deposit limit. If a player chooses a certain monthly deposit limit, she/he will not be able to pay any more money into the account.
1.2. Casino limits
Within the Casino games of the website, players can set themselves the following limits:
- Maximum stake per day, week or month;
- Maximum loss per day, week or month;
- Time limit for each Casino visit.
2. Account Suspension
Players may at their sole discretion decide to suspend their gaming account for a definite or indefinite period of time.
L. ‘Stars’ (virtual currency)
1. Players are awarded virtual currency (‘Stars’) for undertaking certain activities on the website. Stars can only be acquired and used as stakes in the various games on the website and cannot be used within the live casino games. Stars cannot be converted into cash or prizes at any time.
2. Guest players are not entitled to acquire/receive Stars.
3. Stars are awarded to players according to a system of objectively pre-established criteria, which is explained in detail in the section “FAQs” in the help section of the website. The operator reserves the right to make changes to the said system at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. Any changes made will be announced on the website.
4. Stars may be acquired as stated above without charge and may also be purchased in the website shop. For further information in this regard, please see point M below – General provisions for virtual currency.
M. General provisions for virtual currency
1. The operator offers skill and casino games on the website, for which virtual currency can be acquired and used by players in accordance with these terms and conditions. Within the live casino games, virtual currency cannot be used.
2. The player may acquire the right to use virtual currency on the website by paying in real money or wager of virtual currency. The acquisition of virtual currency grants the player the sole right to use it within the scope of and in accordance with the game; acquiring any further rights to the acquired currency (e.g. ownership) is excluded. The object of purchase is exclusively a licence which is limited in terms of time, content and location to the use of this currency within the scope of and in accordance with the games on the website.
3. Any refund, redemption or compensation in real money is excluded. In case of violation of these Terms and Conditions, the operator is entitled to revoke any or all of the licences granted for the use of virtual currency. Upon termination of contract for any reason whatsoever, any and all licences granted for the use of virtual currency shall be terminated immediately. Any virtual currency still available to the player upon termination shall be forfeited. The player shall not be entitled to any compensation.
4. The player is forbidden from transferring his/her player account including any virtual currency held therein to any third parties. The player acknowledges and agrees that the player account (duly set up for use of the services provided on the website), any data stored on the operator’s servers and any player contents remain the sole and unrestricted property of the company.
5. The virtual currency on offer can be found on the website. The company reserves the right to change, reduce and/or increase the offer of virtual currency, and to adjust the prices of virtual currency at any time as it deems fit. Furthermore, the company is entitled at its discretion to discontinue any offer/s of virtual currency or to make the same available free of charge or for a fee. In exercising this right, the operator has no obligation whatsoever towards the player who shall not be entitled to any form of compensation for any such change and/or discontinuation. The provisions of this clause shall apply to all offered virtual currency, whether temporary or otherwise. In this case the player is entitled to terminate the contract with immediate effect. Any further claim by the player is excluded.
6. Payment for virtual currency can be made either as a one-off payment or in regular instalments over a defined period (month, year) as agreed between the player and the operator.
7. Payment of virtual currency with real money can be made using the following payment methods as may be varied from time to time depending on the jurisdiction where the player is playing from and the player’s account settings: Credit card, Paysafecard, Ukash, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, EPS, Paybox, Sofortüberweisung, Giropay, Ideal, Safetypay, Przelewy24, Trustpay, Qiwi, Yandex, Webmoney, Moneta and Pay by SMS. The player acknowledges and agrees that the company is entitled to change the said payment methods available on the website at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. The company further reserves the right to set specific prerequisites for the use of certain payment methods. For all intents and purposes, the company does not warrant the uninterrupted availability of the available payment methods. For the avoidance of doubt, the player has the option to pay for virtual currency by using the money he/she deposited into the applicable cash player account (as described in detail hereunder). The company utilises auto capture for deposits therefore, as soon as confirmation from a payment provider for a transaction is received, the player’s account is instantly credited.
8. When purchased from the website shop in terms hereof, the virtual currency shall be allotted to the player as soon as the company's account has been irrevocably credited with the corresponding amount. All account and/or monetary transactions are checked by the company without assuming any liability. Any suspicious account and/or monetary transactions will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
9. Upon a deposit being made, the company undertakes checks and carries out the necessary due diligence procedures. The company reserves the right, at its own discretion, to refuse the allocation of virtual currency or to set limitations on the amount of currency allocated to any one player or on the total amount of currency allocated by the operator. In case of suspicion of fraud, violation of applicable law or of these Terms and Conditions, the company has the right to suspend acquisition processes and the related payment transactions until the situation has been resolved to it's own satisfaction. Furthermore, the conditions set forth in Point ‘I. Sanctions for Misconduct’ shall apply.
10. The operator is entitled to publish all pictures and/or videos transferred or otherwise used by the players during or in connection with the games (in whole or in part) and to report on the same whilst disclosing the player’s nickname to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. This also applies to videos, pictures, etc. created by the player during or in connection with the games. When transferring or creating videos or pictures as aforesaid, the player explicitly acknowledges and agrees to the provisions of this clause and for all intents and purposes at law irrevocably grants the company all exclusive rights of use, exploitation, publication, editing and duplication for the said reporting free of charge, without limitation as to the subject-matter, time and location. Any claim for compensation by the player shall be excluded.
II. GENERAL ACCOUNT CONDITIONS
1. Through the successful completion of the registration process a player account is established. A player account can be used as a virtual currency account as well as a cash account. Once the virtual currency account is established it will be credited with Stars (the virtual currency of the website) subject to these Terms and Conditions. In addition, the player account can also be upgraded to a cash player account by making a deposit into the account. This cash deposit can be used to acquire such Star packs as may be available within the website shop or as stake within the games. The same player account can be used for accessing both the desktop and the mobile version of the website.
2. The registration contains the following information:
a. Personal and confidential pseudonym (“playername”, “nickname”) – there is no entitlement to a specific nickname. The playername must be unique and clearly identifiable. The use of offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable names is forbidden. Further prohibited is the choice of nicknames which contain or allude to an Internet link or account names, which allude to certain rights of the player (in particular but not exclusively, the use of the term “administrator” amongst others). The company reserves the right to suspend accounts with unacceptable nicknames. The company will re-admit such accounts after the successful change of their name to an acceptable nickname.
b. Players must keep their player name and password secret as any activity by that player account will automatically be attributed to such player. We recommend players; do not write or record their password in any form; do not use easily traceable passwords such as birth date, telephone number, vehicle registration number, etc; to construct secure passwords using various types of characters such as upper case, lower case, numeric or special characters (e.g./?&*). If players believe the secrecy of their password has been compromised we strongly recommended changing password immediately. In accordance with good security practices, players should change their password regularly. There is no claim to a specific password. However, players are always asked to follow the recommendations in D6 of Part I.
c. E-mail address
3. In order to acquire Stars via the website’s shop and/or to top up the account with money, the player must provide the following additional information, which information the player warrants to be accurate and complete in all respects:
a. First name and family name
c. Date of birth
4. The company is entitled to examine the information given. In case the given information proves to be inaccurate, the company is entitled to exclude the player concerned from the further participation in the services and retain any winnings.
5. Players shall ensure that the details provided in the course of the registration are kept up to date by making any alterations on the website (under “Settings”) without undue delay.
6. Players shall only register one account and they shall register this account personally.
7. No employees, executives, managers, directors, consultants, or agents in our branches or affiliated companies, or any of our providers or sellers, can participate in any Games during their term of employment and/or engagement. The Company’s employees, or anyone else having access to inside information (for example: complete hand histories, playing histories, money transaction histories, and similar) are not allowed to use the services of the Internet Site. This is in order to prevent any potential abuse of inside information. To this end no officers, directors, employees, consultants or any other persons conducting business or engaged with the Company shall be allowed to open an Account with the Company during their term of engagement. Proof of such attempts shall result in steps being taken by the Company. These shall have repercussions upon the contract existing between the employee or other officer and the Company.
8. No relatives (in this clause, the term “relatives” means spouse, partner, parents, children or siblings of the people mentioned in immediately preceding clause) of the Company’s employees, executives, managers, directors, consultants, or agents in our branches or affiliated companies, or any of our providers or sellers, are allowed to play on the Internet Site or are authorised to use the Service directly or indirectly. Nevertheless, this shall not apply where relatives are expressly allowed to play on the Internet Site by means of written authorisation from the Company.
9. If either of the two immediately preceding clauses is breached, the Company reserves the right to close the said Account immediately and to cancel payment on any gain. This shall take place without any prejudice to the rights that the Company has against the breaching person in terms of the employment or any other contract between the parties.
B. Inactivity and Deletion of Player Accounts
1. If a player account remains inactive (i.e.: when no login is performed at the operator’s website) for a period of more than 12 months, the operator is entitled to charge a monthly account maintenance fee of €5 (see D.3), starting on the 13th month of inactivity. Following 12 months of uninterrupted inactivity, the operator will send a reminder mail to the user via the e-mail address saved in his/her account details. Upon receipt of this reminder mail, the user will have 30 days to log into his/her player account. If no login is registered within this 30-day period, €5 of real money credit or bonus money credit will be deducted from the balance. If the player logs in within the 30-day period, no charge will be incurred. If the account remains inactive after 13 consecutive months, the user will be sent a reminder mail every month and a monthly charge of €5 will be incurred and deducted from the real money credit or bonus money credit of the player account accordingly. Where an account has been classified as inactive, the player retains the possibility of logging into their account and withdrawing all funds remaining in that account through the available payout methods outlined in these General Terms and Conditions.
2. If the player account remains inactive for more than 12 months and the account balance is €0, no further charge will be incurred. In this case, the operator is entitled to delete the player account. Any additional Star credit in the account will also be deleted (see Point M. General Conditions for Virtual Currency).
3. The inactivity fee will be incurred on a monthly basis until the next login is performed at the website. If there is no real/bonus money credit in the user's player account, no inactivity fee will be charged.
4. A Star account is exempt from the inactivity charge. If, however, a user does not log in at the website during a period of 12 months, the operator is entitled to delete the player account. In such a case, any Stars in the account will also be forfeited (see Point M. General Conditions for Virtual Currency).
5. If no transaction has been recorded on a player’s account for thirty months and if there is still a real money balance on the account, the operator remits the remaining real money balance to the player’s bank account. If the player or his bank account cannot be satisfactorily located, the remaining real money balance will be remitted to the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), provided that no claim shall lie against the company.
6. The player is allowed to request reimbursement of any inactive account fees paid. However reimbursement will only be granted if the player can provide adequate proof of one of the following instances:
- when the player could not access his account due to lack of internet connectivity;
- when the player could not access his account due to health related impediments;
- when the player could not access his account due to sincere and genuine reasons;
- when the player activates the account after all real money or bonus money balance is set to €0 because of having incurred inactive account fees, as long as such activation is done by not later than three (3) months from when the last fee was incurred. In such a case the operator will pay a maximum of up to six(6) months inactive account fees;
C. Wagers and Conditions of Winnings
1. In the games players can play against each other and wager cash or virtual currency. The stakes are set on a sliding scale set out in the help menu of each game.
2. Only games played in accordance with the applicable rules of the game are scored as won games. Furthermore, during the entire time a game is played, the players’ computers must have a working connection to the game server. If the connection gets lost during a game, there are different mechanisms which take over in order to end the game in an orderly and fair manner. The mechanisms in place are depended on the type of game played. Further information about game interruptions can be found in the help menu under FAQs.
3. When a game is duly rated, the total amount of wagers less the company fees (see Part II D.2) will be credited to the winner's account.
4. The company reserves the right to correct results in hindsight or to declare results void, if the result of a game was caused by a technical default, fraudulent behaviour of a player or through a fraudulent wager. If this correction leads to a negative balance on the player account, the player is obliged to settle the difference by crediting their account on the website with the required amount.
1. The registration and establishment of a player account are free of charge.
2. In consideration of the provision of the games service, the account management and the solicitation of the players on the games website, the company retains a fee (called “Rake”), calculated as a percentage of the amounts wagered by the players. A sliding scale applies and is calculated in correspondence with the amounts wagered. The applicable percentage is set out in the help section of the respective game.
3. Following uninterrupted inactivity (i.e.: when no login is performed at the platform) for a duration of at least 12 months, a monthly account maintenance fee of €5 will be charged by the operator after the 13th month of continuous inactivity.
4. For payouts of winnings from the skill games the company shall charge a fee of €1, which will be retained from the transferred amounts. The processing fee for making a withdrawal depends on the payment system selected by the user and can be checked at https://www.stargames.com/web/payment/Payout.
5. For the cancellation and return of an already completed payment, the company may charge a fee of €12.
6. For each reminder relating to a payment return the company may charge a fee of €4.
7. For the deletion of a player account the company shall charge a fee of €3.
8. Any other costs relating to the transfer of funds (e.g. bank fees for outgoing payments, ingoing payments, or administration charges) or additional charges (e.g. for credit card returns or charges for international transfers) are borne by the player and the company is entitled to debit such costs from the cash account. Costs incurred for return or unintentional payments (e.g. due to the provision of an inaccurate account number or insufficient funds on the account) that are within player’s responsibility are borne by the player. The company’s right to claim further damages from the player (such as legal fees or fees of a collecting agency) are not affected. The company is entitled to recouperate such costs from the player’s account and to instruct a collecting agency to collect money due from the player at the player’s cost.
9. All fees and/or charges payable in connection with this Agreement, including but not limited to the purchase of Stars and the use of the gaming services shall be inclusive of VAT where applicable.
III. VIRTUAL CURRENCY ACCOUNT (‘STARS ACCOUNT’)
A. General provisions
1. Through the successful completion of the registration process a “virtual currency account” is set up. Once the account has been set up, Stars will be credited thereto at no cost in accordance with clause I.L of these Terms and Conditions. Without prejudice to the said clause I.L Stars are allocated by the company for, inter alia, registration and the extent of daily activity on the website.
2. No claim for virtual currency shall arise from any wins. Virtual currency will never be paid out or converted into prizes or cash at any time (see point M. General provisions for virtual currency). Virtual currency can only be used as a stake within the websites’ skill and casino games. It cannot be used as a stake within the live casino games.
3. Each player may only open one account. The registration of the virtual currency account is free of charge. The use of the features of a ‘virtual currency’ account is only possible by means of the activation link sent by e-mail together with the acknowledgement of registration.
1. Stars can also be acquired by means of payment via the website’s shop. In this case the player uses the payment methods offered to acquire a certain Stars package (defined amounts of Stars), which are then credited to the player account after successful payment. More information on this topic can be found under point M. General provisions of virtual currency.
IV. CASH PLAYER ACCOUNT
A. General provisions
1. ’Virtual currency accounts’ can be upgraded to ’cash accounts’ free of charge. A ‘cash account’ will enable the player to participate in the offered games and wager cash. In order for the account to be upgraded as aforesaid, the player must make a cash deposit into his/her player account by using the payment methods available on the website. The wagering of cash in skill, casino and live casino games shall only be available to players resident in a jurisdiction which does not prohibit companies licensed in Malta to carry out remote gaming activities to operate in their territory. For the purposes of this clause, the prohibition or otherwise of the activities of the company in any given jurisdiction shall be determined by the operator at its sole and absolute discretion.
2. For the avoidance of any doubt, after upgrading to a cash player account, the player retains the option to play for virtual currency.
3. For the payout of the deposit the provisions of Part IV.C apply.
4. At the time of receipt of the first cash deposit on the account of the company, the company opens a ’cash account’ for the respective player. All amounts transferred to such cash accounts are held by the company as fiduciary on behalf of the player free of cost (as long as the account is active) and interest. The player may neither treat the company as a financial institute nor expect interest.
5. The Euro (€) is the lead currency of the platform. Other currencies are available for making deposits into the cash player account. In such cases, the exchange rate at the time of the deposit is applied when changing into Euros. The user account shall then be managed in Euros. The user account shall be displayed to the user in the currency of his/her country, providing the currency is supported by the platform. Users may change the currency displayed. All figures in any currency other than the Euro shall be calculated by applying the current exchange rate of the European Central bank.
1. Deposits to the cash player account are made by transfer of money to the company’s account by way of the following payment methods as may be varied from time to time depending on the jurisdiction where the player is playing from and the player’s account settings: Credit card, Paysafecard, Ukash, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, EPS, Paybox, Sofortüberweisung, Giropay, IDeal, Safetypay, Przelewy24, Trustpay, Qiwi, Yandex, Webmoney and Moneta. The company reserves the right, to change the accepted methods of payment at its sole discretion. The company further reserves the right to accept certain methods of payment only subject to the fulfilment of certain conditions. The company does not warrant that all methods of payment are available at all times.
2. A deposit is considered deposited at the time the deposit is irrevocably credited to the company’s account and accrued to the relevant player’s cash account. Upon a deposit being made, the company undertakes checks and carries out the necessary due diligence procedures. The time until a deposit is credited onto the company’s account depends on the chosen payment method. The company utilises auto capture for deposits therefore, as soon as confirmation from a payment provider for a transaction is received, the player’s account is instantly credited. The minimum acceptable deposit amount is €10. The company reserves the right to amend the limit or arrange for additional and repeated examinations on deposits at its sole discretion. Every player can limit their account deposits by choosing a monthly deposit limit. Of course, the exact maximum amount also depends on the payment method chosen by the user. Nevertheless, this limit cannot be exceeded. Altering this amount is only possible by sending a written request to customer support, which will perform any changes in accordance with the Responsible Gaming Guidelines issued by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) from time to time.
3. The company can, under certain circumstances, credit a player’s account with so called “bonus money”. The conditions for the crediting of the bonus (e.g. test bonus, advertising premium) and the amount of the bonus is determined by the company and shall be set out on the website from time to time. The player acknowledges that not all games may be capable of being played for bonus money and it shall be within the Company´s discretion to determine which games shall support this type of game play.
4. The bonus is stated separately on the account. It can only be paid out once it has been transformed into real cash winnings. If an account contains both the player’s own money and bonus money, the bonus money will only be available for wagering once the existing money has been used. Specific bonus conditions may be published on the website with the launch of specific bonus schemes.
5. Your account should not be used as a banking facility and deposits into an account should be made for the sole purpose of using the funds in our offered games.
6. To prevent money laundering activities, all account and/or money transactions are checked by the operator. Any suspicious account and/or money transactions may be reported to the relevant authorities.
1. Winnings or parts thereof will be paid out upon request of the player. The requested payout sum must be at least €15. Payouts can only be made to the account of the player requesting such payout and under no circumstances can such payouts be made to the account of another player or third party. Withdrawal methods available to the player can be found at https://www.stargames.com/web/payment/Payout.
2. A payout for over €100 cannot be requested where the money deposited has not been used in any games or only a few games. The company reserves the right to refuse such payouts at its own discretion on the basis of best practice in the prevention of money laundering. The company can ask a player for more information in regard to the requested payout under such circumstances and review its decisions based on the new information provided.
3. The maximum amount that a cash player can request in an outpayment is dependent on the respective payment method.
4. A request for a payout cannot be made while a game, involving the player that makes the request, is being played.
5. The company fulfils payment obligations by transferring the requested amounts due to an account named by the player and registered in the name of the player or by another payment system, depending on technical availability on the website. Any transaction costs due (e.g. for international transfers) are borne by the player. Unless any problem arises, payouts may only be remitted to the same bank account/payment method chosen for deposit. Methods available for withdrawals are bank transfer, credit card, PayPal, Skrill and Neteller. The methods on offer may vary, depending on the players’ country of origin and the player’s account settings. All available withdrawal options are shown in the payout section of the website.
6. The company undertakes thorough checks whenever a player requests a payout. The company shall remit the funds to the player within 5 working days, if practicable, after receipt of the request. The Player acknowledges that the company reserves the right to verify the entitlement of the player prior to effecting a payout and, in case of doubt, to withhold the payment. To provide evidence of the entitlement, the player is required to submit a written request for payment. The Player further acknowledges that the company is duty bound by law to verify information about the Player including, but not limited to, identity, age and place of residence of the Player in order to effect certain payouts. The Company further reserves the right to review the Player’s transactions and activity and verify the financial instruments being used on the Player Account prior to effecting a payout. Additionally, the Company reserves the right to perform enhanced verification and due diligence checks where this is deemed to be necessary, in the sole discretion of the Company, and the Player agrees to submit to and cooperate in the performance of such checks. In light of these checks, the Player shall be required to supply to the Company any documentation or information requested by it in order to facilitate such verification. The Player shall be requested to provide documentation including, but not limited to, a copy of an official and valid proof of identity (passport, ID, driver’s licence), a copy of valid proof of address (utility bill, bank statement) and documentation verifying financial instruments (for instance bank statements), which are not older than 3 months, per mail or e-mail. The Company reserves the right to withhold any payout requests pending successful verification of the Player’s registration and any other relevant information to the satisfaction of the Company.
7. In the event that a Player would like to recover funds held in a blocked Account, the player is kindly requested to contact our Support team via email to email@example.com.
8. The company complies with Maltese and European laws, regulations and guidelines for the prevention of money laundering and the funding of terrorism. Suspicious transactions shall be investigated by the company and, if necessary, a suspicious transaction report will be made by the company to the competent Maltese Authorities. In any such event, the company is prohibited from informing any players or third parties involved, save in limited circumstances, that an investigation is being or may be carried out, or that information has been or may be transmitted to the competent Authorities. Furthermore, in the event of any suspicious transactions, the company may suspend, block or close the account(s) of the relevant player(s) and withhold funds as may be required by law and/or by the competent Authorities.
1. When opening an Account on the website the player provides certain personal data to the Company and acknowledges that such data shall be processed by the Company.
2. In processing personal data of players, the Company adheres to the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta) and other relevant regulations, legal notices and/or similar rules applicable in Malta and in the European Union, taking into account the Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the E-Privacy Directive (Directive 2009/136/EC). In line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, the Company has notified the Commissioner for Data Protection of the processing of players’ personal data.
a. the administration, including financial administration, and maintenance of the player’s Account;
b. the provision of the Games and the Services to the player;
c. the performance of the Terms and Conditions;
d. the implementation and carrying out of anti-money laundering procedures and processes;
e. complying with laws and regulations applicable to the Company and/or its affiliated parties.
f. the improvement of our products and services;
g. the provision of customer services;
h. conducting research.
4. By consenting to receive promotional and marketing material, you agree to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (including remarketing) and the dissemination of promotional material relating to the Company, its affiliated parties or third parties, including, but not limited to, offers, bonus schemes, software updates, new games and other information which the Company and/or its affiliated parties may deem to be of interest to You.
10. The Company may also be required to share players’ personal data with the Regulatory Authority and/or other public authorities to comply with its regulatory or other obligations in terms of law, and for these purposes the player understands that his/her personal data may be transferred to such authorities, being established locally or under foreign jurisdiction, provided that these authorities are legally empowered to request such information.
11. In line with the principles of data protection, the Company undertakes to retain personal data of players only for as long as is necessary. Notwithstanding this the player acknowledges and agrees that his personal data may be retained and used by the Company even after the deletion or closure of his Account, if this is required for administration purposes and/or for complying with legal obligation of safekeeping.
12. The Company is entitled to save and process connection data, in particular source and destination IPs and all other log files, for the protection of its own server and the servers of third parties. The Company is further entitled to process the data of anonymous statistics.
14. The Company will use all reasonable means to protect the player data stored on its server. Notwithstanding this, the Company is not liable should a third party unlawfully seize and process such data. All claims for damages by a player or a third party against the Company in connection with such event are explicitly excluded.
15. Players have the right to access their personal data held by the Company in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Furthermore, players are at any time entitled to change, amend or delete their respective personal data. The Company shall ensure that such personal data is, upon request and when not required for website-related administration or pending legal proceedings or administrative procedures, deleted. Players are however advised that with the deletion of the personal data required for Account registration, the Account relating thereto will automatically be deleted.
16. The player warrants that all information contained in the Application Form submitted to the Company is true, accurate, and complete, and corresponds to the name(s) appearing on the credit cards used for the deposits and payments of gains. The Company reserves the right to cancel your Account in the event that the information provided to the Company is found to be false, inaccurate, deceitful or incomplete. It is the player’s responsibility to inform us immediately of any changes to the player’s personal data.
17. If the Company becomes aware that a person has provided false information in this respect, the Company shall not register an Account for such person and where an Account has already been registered, the Company shall immediately cancel that person’s registration as a player with the Company. The player also agrees to update this information should there be any changes to the personal data provided.
18. The provider ensures that data is processed in accordance with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) for payment transactions.
1. The company and/or their vicarious agents are liable only for damages beyond the scope of the Product Liability Law caused deliberately or upon gross negligence. The company is not liable for slight negligence, acts of nature beyond control, consecutive damages, pecuniary damages, lost profit, lost data, lost interest and for damages from claims of third parties.
2. The company offers the software on the website “as is”, with no warranties or assurances whatsoever. The company is not liable for any damages or losses that are alleged to have been caused by any errors in the software on the website. In the event of a software error or a miscarried or aborted game as provided in the Remote Gaming Regulations of 2004 (Legal Notice 176), any funds used by the player to play that particular game, will be refunded by the company to that player so that the player will find himself in the same position he/she was in before commencing the game.
3. The company is not liable for the website and games within performing without interruption, not containing any programming errors and/or identified faults being corrected, or for any resulting damages. Further, the company cannot be held liable for the website, its connected servers or the system of third parties accessing the website not containing viruses or other damaging components, which could cause damage to the computer, hardware and/or software of the player, nor any resulting damage. Moreover, the company reserves the right to cease the operation of the software on the website in order to correct any errors or remove any viruses.
4. The company is under no obligation to refund players and the company will not be responsible for any loss, including loss of winnings, which may result out of a loss of connection in the live casino due to unsuitable hardware, software and/or connection configurations on the player’s part. Detailed information on the minimum hardware, software and connection requirements for playing in the live casino can be found in the help section of the website.
5. The company is not liable for mistakes in the course of data entry, storage and processing and for the content, completeness and accuracy of transmitted data. In particular, the company reserves the right to correct obvious mistakes during the storage and processing of results (e.g. the mistakes relating to the identity of the players), wagers, prices, quotas etc.).
6. The company is not liable for damages of any kind that are caused by the undue use of the account by the player or third parties.
7. The company is not liable for player content or the content of advertising inserts, but reserves the right to delete content that contravenes the law or the General Terms and Conditions when they become known and to pass on such information to the public prosecution authorities if instructed to do so.
8. In the case of infringement of the company's General Terms and Conditions by the player, the player shall hold the company inculpable of any claims by third parties and any losses, costs or damages resulting thereof.
VII. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The player acknowledges that some of the games offered contain an element of luck as well as an element of skill. The generation of the elements of luck is based on an internationally acknowledged random number generator and is not influenced by the company in any way. Further information on the random number generator is set out under the help section on the website.
2. Every player accepts that the company is entitled to refuse the registration of a player and to limit or block the access of particular players to games at its own discretion. Nevertheless contractual obligations already made between the company and the player must be honoured. Further, the player accepts that the granting of bonus money can be withdrawn by the company and that the stakes and winnings of player can be retained, should they be connected with an account that has been closed or limited, or an account, which has no claim to winnings as they have expired.
3. Players will be informed of any changes or amendments to the General Terms and Conditions per e-mail or notices on the website. Where such changes or amendments take place, the players will be presented with a pop-up requiring them to accept the new General Terms and Conditions before continuing to use the games. Players are obliged to regularly inform themselves about the current General Terms and Conditions.
4. All notices relating to this contract are only valid if they are published on the website or sent per e-mail to the address specified by the player in the registration or thereafter.
5. The player will notify the company of any changes to their name, address or e-mail address and account number without undue delay through making the relevant amendments on the website. If the player does not notify such changes, the last data entered will be considered binding.
6. If any of the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are found invalid, the other provisions remain in full force and effect.
7. The player shall not assign to any third parties, any claims he/she may have against the company.
VIII. COMPLAINT HANDLING
1. The company endeavours to provide a high quality service to its players at all times. However, players may for various reasons feel that they are not satisfied with the level and/or quality of service and may wish to file a complaint by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘COMPLAINT’ in the subject line.
2. Our customer support team will attempt to handle a player’s complaint as soon as is reasonably possible. If the support team cannot resolve the complaint they will escalate it to management for solution.
3. In any case the player will receive a response to their complaint within a period of 10 working days.
4. Should the player feel that the company has not adequately solved their complaint or has failed to reply to their complaint they may escalate the issue directly to the Malta Gaming Authority by email at email@example.com
Version 1.3, Dated 20th February 2017